ASBU TV & Radio Festival & Convention
The Arab States Broadcasting Union (ASBU) will be organizing in the Tunisian resort of Hammamet the eighteenth session of the Arab Radio and TV Festival on April 25 to 285, 2017. ASBU's partners in the organization include the Tunisian radio and television corporations and the Arab Satellite Communications Organization (Arabsat).
Starting two years ago, the festival has become annual after having been organized once every two years. The festival's objectives are to of contribute to the development of Arab radio and TV production and to upgrade its content to meet the expectations of members corporations. It also aims at encouraging Arab creative energies in the field of radio and TV.
The festival mainly includes the following events:
- The opening and closing ceremonies
- Several contests for radio and TV various types of news and programming, both for member corporations and other Arab private corporations and production companies.
- Two thematic workshops, one on programming and one technical
- A radio and TV program exchange market
- An exhibit for radio and TV equipments brought by the latest technological developments in the industry.
Foreign radio and TV corporations broadcasting to the region and using the Arabic language are invited and welcome to participate in the Festival events.
Yasmine Hammamet, Tunisia
25 - 28 April 2017
More info here